The Church was consecrated on September 3rd 1879 and dedicated to St Peter and St Paul. The first Rector of the new church was Robert Lawson who was incumbent for 31 years from 1864 to 1895. He also donated the Font. A few things remained from the old church; the bells, organ and some monuments.
The Victorian church has seen some changes:
1913 The organ was moved from the north transept to its present position. In its place, the Lady Chapel was made in memory of Canon Beal, Rector from 1985-1911.
1978 The nave altar was installed and the choir stalls moved from the chancel to their present position.
1980 The screen came here from St Mary Magdelen in Worcester, to stand here when that church closed.
1987 The Corona (Latin for crown) is made up of a circle of eight winged 'Spirit Figures' and puts a strong focus on the nave altar. It was designed and made by Anthony Robinson, as were the candlesticks on the nave altar.
1991 The Lady Chapel was enclosed. With its own heating and sound proofing it is now used as a Sunday School room.
|exposure mode||full manual|