Against the north chancel wall is an alabaster altar tomb with 2 effigies in 17th Century armour, one lying upon the slab, one fitted into the space beneath; behind are kneeling figures of 2 women in round-headed arched recesses on Ionic columns with full entablature
above; all ornately panelled and decorated with 4 coats of arms, the highest
central one belonging to the Washbourne family. An inscription records that
John Washbourne had the monument built for himself, his 2 wives and his father,
who lies beneath; the tomb was restored and repainted in 1863.
|exposure mode||full manual|